Today’s economic climate is tough, and drivers everywhere are looking for ways to save money. For most people, tires are one of the most expensive parts on a vehicle, and no one looks forward to having to buy new tires. However, regular tire rotation service in Norfolk VA can extend tires’ lifespan and help customers save money. By rotating tires from front to rear on each side of the vehicle, this practice can ensure consistent, even wear across all four tires.
Benefits of Regular Tire Rotation
Aside from preserving tires and saving money, regular tire rotation offers the benefits listed below.
* Tires are more responsive to driver input when they wear evenly.
* An evenly worn set of tires allows the driver to maintain handling and enjoy better traction.
* Balanced and rotated tires improve a vehicle’s cornering capabilities.
* Some vehicles may even have improved performance.
How Often Should Tires be Rotated?
Most tire warranties require periodic rotation. While recommendations vary, most vehicles should have a tire rotation done every 3000-6000 miles. However, if the driver notices obvious wear before that interval, they should get the tires checked out as soon as possible.
Causes of Tire Wear
Consistent tire wear is a key component in the vehicle’s overall performance, and it can help to prolong the life of a set of tires. There are numerous causes of tire wear, and some are unavoidable. Tire rotation can solve some wear-related issues, but not all. Below are some of the most common causes of tire wear:
* Driving style – A conservative driver won’t wear tires out as fast as an aggressive driver will.
* Unbalanced tires – A heavy spot on a tire can cause uneven and premature wear.
* Road risks – It’s impossible for drivers to see every pot hole or piece of debris in the road.
* Misaligned vehicles – If a vehicle isn’t properly aligned, a rotation won’t fix the issue, and wear will get worse until the alignment problem is resolved.
Tire rotation is something most drivers don’t think about, but it is an important part of overall vehicle maintenance. When they click here for Tire Rotation Service in Norfolk VA, drivers can prolong their lifespan and save money on tire repair and replacement.