A doctor who goes into the practice of medicine where he or she provides treatment for common medical concerns is usually called a family medicine doctor. This type of doctor is also called a primary care physician. The health care physician who completes three years of residency and specializes in primary care usually fits the description a family medical doctor. This doctor treats patients of all ages, not just children, as a pediatrician might do. There are Wichita Family Medicine Specialists in Wichita, Kansas who lets patients know the benefits of choosing family medical practitioners.
• The first and most obvious benefit is that the patient has the rapport with a doctor who is familiar with the medical history and peculiarities of all the family members. This makes it easier for the patient to be treated, not having to go through a series of tests with a strange doctor who is unfamiliar with his or her history.
• The family medicine doctor is focused on providing up-to-date preventative care for the patient, holistically and not just isolated to one discipline.
• The family medicine physician will be instrumental in treating illnesses that are common to most, such as hypertension, diabetes and arthritis. If the issues become more severe, the family medicine doctor will be able to recommend a specialist.
• If the time comes when the patient has to be admitted to the hospital, the family medicine doctor will be of great assistance in providing information about his or her long-term patient. This puts the patient in the advantage of getting quicker and more efficient treatment.
• Another benefit of the family medicine doctor is that services are usually less expensive than seeing specialists in a field.
Wichita Family Medicine Specialists have been providing family medical care for patients in the Wichita, Kansas area for several years. They offer a full range of services, which include, but are not limited to yearly physicals and exams, immunizations, injections, minor surgeries, minor emergencies and wellness care for children. The doctors also offer for the coordinating of specialty care, should the patient need it. If you are looking for doctors who are family medical practitioners in Kansas, you can visit the website, visit us website.