Selecting the right Marietta motorcycle accident lawyer for your case can ensure that the claim will be settled in a way that is the most beneficial for you. The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) can help you in your choice of an attorney with the following pointers.
How to Find a Lawyer
Seek out a motorcycle accident lawyer who has a good record and background for settling cases involving motorcycle mishaps. You can find a professional in the field by:
- Asking family, friends and associates
- Calling your local state bar association
- Checking with a legal referral service
Keep in mind that most personal injury attorneys that handle motorcycle accidents offer a free initial consultation. During this free consultation, you can discuss the costs and fees involved in the legal process. Also, get all the details about representation in writing before you go ahead and make a commitment. Choose a motorcycle accident lawyer with whom you feel comfortable, who you feel is credible and honest.
What Information You Will Need to Provide
Remember, too, the more information you submit to your lawyer about your accident and case, the faster you can be compensated for pain and suffering and the costs of your treatment and therapy. Some of the information you will need to provide includes:
- Your motorcycle, insurance and driver’s license details
- Details regarding the accident, including date, location and time, traffic and weather conditions, information about the other parties and their vehicles and passengers, and names and contact information about witnesses and copies of any incident reports that were filed
You will also need to obtain copies of any traffic tickets that were written at the accident scene, and provide any information about charges that were brought against any of the involved parties, including DUI.
Physician reports and medical records are vitally important to your case, as are test results and x-rays. You also want to make sure you have any information related to a pre-existing condition that may have become worse because of the accident.