Most homes in Anaheim are vulnerable at night. The concern is alleviated because burglars prefer decreased visibility and fewer people. Here are five important tips to safeguard your home when you’re asleep:
1. Motion-triggered floodlights: Instead of installing high-energy lights, motion-triggered floodlights can easily scare off intruders as it puts them in the spotlight. In fact, these lights also consume less energy.
2. Advertise: Put a notice on your door or the front gate telling everyone that the house is protected by a high-security surveillance system. Even if you don’t have a security system installed, such notices can deter intruders.
3. Alarm: If your home is in a rural area, a loud siren can easily scare burglars who may try to interfere with a door or a window. Any good residential locksmith in Anaheim, CA, can help you select and install a good alarm.
4. Smart Lights: If you’re away on a vacation, use the technology to imitate that the house is occupied by automating your lights and using smart switches to warn off potential intruders. These smart lights can be controlled remotely if required.
5. Locks: French doors and sliding window panels are often susceptible to intruders. Therefore, make sure that these vulnerable spots are tightly secured and properly locked. In fact, you should regularly check your door and window locks ensuring that they are in excellent working condition.
If you’re not sure about the safety locks or you’re stuck outside of your house, just call a reputable residential locksmith in Anaheim, CA. Contact Green’s Security Centers, Inc. for advice or to discuss your safety options.