If you need to find a caterer for your commercial venue, there are a few things to consider. Commercial catering can be a bit different than catering for a small party or intimate gathering. A commercial caterer must be able to handle everything with incredible professionalism and proficiency. Here are a few things to look for when hiring out commercial catering.
1. Organization – food service requires a lot of organization, preparation and skill. In order to successfully pull off a meal for a large number of people while everything is hot and fresh there will need to be a lot of preparation and skill involved. Everything must be timed perfectly to ensure that the meal is a success.
2. Reliability – this is a twofold need. First you need a caterer that will be reliable enough to show up on time and have everything ready to go and be served when it needs to be served. Also, a caterer needs to be reliable in food quantity: it is incredibly important to have enough food to serve all of the people attending the event or meeting. Running out of food is the result of not being properly prepared and reliable, and this is something you don’t want to happen.
3. Quality – the quality of food that a caterer serves is very important. All of the food should be served at its optimal temperature, meaning hot foods are served hot and cold foods come out still cold. The food should also be handled properly with excellent food handling skills and the utmost level of safety and sanitation.
4. Taste – everyone has a different palate and different things that they like and dislike. But a good caterer can accommodate a wide variety of preferences to serve a meal that is delicious and satisfying for everyone.
5. Price – find out what the price of the catering service includes because not all services operate the same way. It is important to know what you are getting as part of the catering fee and what might be extra. Be sure to get this all worked out prior to the event so that there are not questions about how much money it will cost.
The next time you need to use a caterer, no matter what the reason or event, just use this list and you will find the perfect caterer in no time.
Are you looking for commercial catering for your next event? Visit our website at www.chicagocafecaterers.com to find out more about our special services and amazing food. You can also follow them on Twitter.