In many types of construction processes, you might be dealing with limitations, especially when it comes to access for your drilling equipment. In fact, you may need a mobile and limited access drill rig, but there are a lot of options to consider. Here are some of the choices you may encounter, to help you make the best possible decision for your business.
Excavator Mount Drills
Most business which require drilling have excavating equipment. Naturally, one of the best ways to enjoy the benefits of a limited access drill rig, is to mount the drill on one of your excavators. When you choose the right provider, you can find the perfect drill unit as it will be customized to fit your type of excavator. Here are some of the features you may enjoy:
* Ability to drill from all angles
* Mounting plate is in two pieces and this makes it easy to change drifters when needed.
* Three separate mounting options for your drill. You can place the unit in the back, front, or even the side. This allows your limited access drill rig to get into some of the most difficult to reach spots.
* Easy to install – thanks to joystick control functions
* Adjustable distance for feed travel, depending on your drilling requirements
* Can use either percussion or rotary drifters
Skid Steer Mount
If you utilize skid steer equipment it won’t be hard to turn one into a limited access drill rig. In fact, the best equipment is made to compliment your other attachments like backhoes, buckets, and forklifts. Here are some available options:
* Drill from either side of your skid steer unit
* Drilling can be horizontal or adjusted to right angles of up to 100 degrees
* Ability to drill conventionally or in reverse
* Joystick controls
* Can perform rotary and percussion drilling
3 Wheel Wagon Drill
Do you need to perform drilling inside of buildings and in tight spaces? A 3 wheel wagon drill may be the perfect limited access drill rig. It has two wheels and a third caster wheel. Your rig can have axle widths as small as 32, 40, or 60 inches. The upper body detaches so you can bring it to your location by helicopter if needed.
4 Wheel Wagon Drill
The 4 wheel wagon drill is perfect for mountainside drilling applications. It has many of the features of the 3 wheel unit except it is bigger and can handle a hydraulic or pneumatic winch. You can use an electric remote control option or the standard hydraulic and manual controls.
Be the first to like.