Few things are worse than when experiencing a harsh winter and having the heater no longer work. Whether it be a commercial or residential setting, the same problems can plague the furnaces. Knowing what some of the common problems are, can help with ensuring an individual will take the proactive measures to prevent them. Should a problem arise, it is better to service Heater Repair in Ormond Beach FL as soon as possible.
Common Furnace Problems
The furnace may need repairs done for various reasons. Listed below are a few of the more common repairs that will take place.
- Dirty filters- Dirty or clogged filters will reduce the airflow, causing a furnace to work harder than normal as well as making it harder to circulate the air. Clogged filters may also damage the limit switch which controls the fan.
- Blower continuously runs- Any problems with the blower may be an indication of a faulty limit switch.
- Ignition or pilot control problems- A faulty ignition or pilot can make it difficult to heat the home or business.
- Malfunctioning thermostat- A thermostat that does not work properly can lead to additional problems with the fan as well as comfort levels.
- Frequent cycling- This is when the furnace cycles between the “on” and “off” modes. It may be an indication of improper airflow or a poor thermostat setting.
Heater Repair in Ormond Beach FL should be left to the professionals as they have the proper training and tools to perform the job well. Following is a list of tips for finding the right technician.
- Verify the technician is licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Ask for multiple references and referrals.
- Require an estimate be given.
- Ask what types of brands they carry.
- Know if there are any tax credits or rebates.
- Ask the technician what type of experience they have with your brand of system.
Having your heating system maintained on a regular basis can prevent large repair costs. It may also extend the lifespan and improve the efficiency of your unit. For more information on scheduling an appointment with a reputable technician, Contact us