A storm does not have to produce a ton of hail or torrents of rain to be capable of causing damage to your roof. Just the high winds associated with a storm can lead to issues that warrant replacement or roof repair in Somerville, MA. If you have recently experienced a hailstorm, thunderstorm, tornado, or hurricane, it’s an excellent idea to have the condition of your roof checked.
Checking for Roof Damage
Any of the storms mentioned above can lead to shingles being torn from your roof or tree branches beating on the roof. That’s why it’s important that you check for damage after the storm has passed. Here is what you need to do:
- Head up to your attic and look for any signs of water damage of leaks. If you notice water stains on the walls or ceiling, this is another sign that you need roof repairs or a full replacement.
- Check things from the ground. Staying on the ground, look up and see if you notice any shingles that are missing or pieces of metal fascia that are torn or gone. Make sure to look around your chimney for any metal pieces that may be missing. You should also check outer edges, exhaust pipes, and valleys for issues.
- If you have noticed that a tree has fallen on the roof, you won’t need to verify it. What you need to do in this case is stay out of the house until a roofing technician can check things out. This will ensure there is no structural damage and that replacement and roof repair in Somerville, MA, is carried out.
- If the storm had hail involved, check both the roof and the siding for damage. Hail most often causes dimples of damage, which happens when small hail chunks hit the walls or roof of your home.
- Above all else, stay safe. Do not go onto the roof on your own. Make sure to contact a professional for this level of inspection.
Finding the Right Contractor
Make sure you hire a roofing company that has experienced repair workers, as well as a claims department. You can also think about what type of roof repair or replacement materials fit your needs. If you are looking for a reputable company to help with your roof issues, consider Carroll Sons Inc.