The choice of furniture for today’s office is not limited to traditional designs or conventional styles. The material also varies. From solid wood to wood veneer to plastic and laminate, office managers now have a wide selection. They can choose from different colors and styles to create the right environment. For many offices, the choice falls to laminate office furniture.
What Is Laminate?
Laminate is a composite material. It is comprised of many layers or sheets of manufactured or synthetic product. Alternatively, laminate may be the final layer on very thinly sliced pieces of actual wood. No matter of what the composite product is composed a strong adhesive glues the layers together. The final (wear) layer of either material combination is a printed plastic. The design it features tends to mimic that of a natural woodgrain.
Why Choose Laminate Office Furniture?
Many offices opt for laminate furniture. They do so out of one or more reasons. Laminate furniture does provide its users with certain advantages over other options, notably veneer office furniture. Among the benefits behind the decision are the following:
* Cost: Laminate furniture is very inexpensive. This makes it affordable to even office managers with tight budgets and home office businesses. It also makes it easier on the finances if you need to replace older styled laminate furniture with new designs and trends.
* Durability: Laminate is tough. It can take a beating and still look shiny and clean. Laminate furniture can effortlessly handle abuse from children making it ideal for working in offices that demand a lot from their furniture
* Fade Resistant: You can place laminate in the sun or over use it. It will retain its strong colors. Laminate does not fade easily. It takes approximately 15 years or heavy abuse to reach that stage
* Low Maintenance: Office chairs, tables, desks and cabinets made from laminate require little maintenance. If you have a soft cloth, mild soap and water, you can keep it clean and like-new
* Stylish: Unlike the laminate office furniture of old, the current office pieces come in a variety of styles. They reflect everything from traditional to contemporary.
* Colors: If you want lively colors, you can find them. If you cannot, order one custom made or paint it yourself. While you cannot dye laminate, you can paint it with thin layers of color.
These are the main reasons why office managers often purchase laminate furniture for office use. While affordability remains one of the advantages of opting for this type of furniture, low maintenance and the vast improvement in overall quality help to make laminate office furniture a popular choice by small to medium office managers.
Be the first to like.