Today, a dental clinic is for more than family dentistry. It can perform cosmetic dentistry. In Livonia, as is valid for other places across the State of Michigan and throughout the United States, highly trained dentists practice this profession, offering services to improve the smiles of their patients.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a form of dentistry that focuses on supplying non-essential dental procedures to its clients. These treatments concentrate on improving the overall appearance of the teeth. Certain dentists who work in this field are specialists in a specific type of cosmetic dentistry; others are generalists and capable of performing most cosmetic dental procedures. Among the most common types practiced in Livonia, you will find the following:
* Braces: Once feared by children around the country, braces have long since shed that image. Today, children can proudly wear braces that are barely visible to regain a straight and clean smile.
* Dental Crowns or Caps: If you chip or crack a tooth, you may be able to forego extraction. A cosmetic dentist can quickly work on your teeth and cover it with a dental crown that protects it while making sure it retains all of its integrity.
* Dentures: Technology has made great strides in dentistry. Now, you can choose from a variety of dentures. While the removable types are still available, you can elect to have permanent replacements. These involve implants and the use of bridges.
* Implants: A replacement for a lost, extracted, broken or otherwise missing tooth, an implant resembles and performs in a similar manner as the real thing.
* Invisalign: If you have always dreamed of getting your teeth straighter but had to forego the pleasure as a child, do not give up. Today, technology allows many adults to straighten their teeth through wearing special braces. These are Invisalign and require several visits to the dental clinic to achieve maximum results.
* Teeth Whitening: For many, teeth need to be white. They want to remove any stains from their eating, drinking or smoking habits. Teeth whitening or bleaching is intended to accomplish this task, restoring teeth to their natural whiteness. It is becoming increasingly common.
While many may try over-the-counter whitening kits, the most effective are those supplied by a dentist. You may have an in-office treatment session. The dentist may also suggest you employ the at-home version. These kits have proven to be successful at removing even stubborn stains from the teeth
Visit your Local Dental Clinic
If you live in Livonia, MI, you are aware of the dentists who perform cosmetic surgery. If you are increasingly unhappy about the appearance of your teeth and, therefore, your smile, do take the time to talk to your dentist. He or she may not perform this type of dental procedure. If this turns out to be the case, your dentist will gladly direct you to a dental clinic that does.
1 person likes this post.