Water softening is when magnesium or calcium are dissolved from the water. Referred to as hardness minerals, magnesium and calcium are what create hard water. Hard water creates scaling and is completely resistant to regular soap and cleaners.
Soft Water Benefits
Some of the benefits of soft water include:
- Prevention of scaling and will extend the life of the appliances that are in contact with the water.
- Hard water will cause clogged pores but soft water will allow the natural oils come to the surface of the skin, which will reduce, or completely eliminate, the need to keep purchasing expensive lotions. It will help your skin shine and make your hair fuller and healthier.
- Soft water will reduce friction when shaving, helping blades last much longer.
- It prevents water spots from appearing on glassware, silverware, dishes and shower doors.
- Reduces the amount of soap you have to use by as much as 80 percent, which means you will save money with soft water.
- Increases the life of your clothing and other fabrics.
Understanding Water Conditioning
Water conditioning will not remove the mineral hardness from the water and it will not provide all the benefits offered by soft water. There are some who have tried to install a water conditioning device and are disappointed that they do not achieve the same quality of water that is offered by a water softener. However, there are still a number of benefits offered by water conditioning, which include the following:
- Reduces issues scaling – the water conditioning will not remove the hardness of the minerals, which will help to eliminate issues with scaling.
- Reduces chlorine, sediment and other impurities that may affect the feel, odor and taste of the water.
- Improves the overall quality of the tap water in a home.
Is Water Conditioning Worth the Investment?
While water conditioning does not do the same thing as water softening, it still has a number of benefits. It offers the ability to make tap water taste better and improves overall quality. This can be quite beneficial in ensuring that the water in your home is of high quality and that you can use it without concern of adverse effects caused by hard water. If you are still uncertain about what is best for your water needs, water conditioning or water softening, it is a good idea to talk with the professionals. They will be able to evaluate your water to ensure it is top-quality.
Be the first to like.