There are a number of homeowners who rely on the heat and warmth of a Wood Stove in Hagerstown MD. While there are a number of benefits offered by using this type of heat, it is also important that the stove is properly cared for and maintained. If a homeowner fails to do this, it can result in a number of issues, including smoke in the home, injury and even a house fire. Some tips that will help anyone enjoy their wood stove and keep it clean, efficient and safe can be found here.
Cleaning a Wood Stove Glass
It is important to clean the glass-ceramic on the wood stove. The byproduct of ash and fire will aid in the overall cleaning process. Four steps to clean the glass include:
* Allow the Wood Stove in Hagerstown MD to cool completely.
* Put a newspaper or moist rag in the white ash.
* Rub the damp ash on the glass inside the wood stove. The calcium carbonate has a high pH and is mildly abrasive, which makes for an effective cleaning solution.
* Wipe the residue away and polish.
Use the Right Type of Wood
For homeowners who want to burn a clean fire, they have to choose the right type of wood. Some softwoods, such as spruce and pine will work, but a hardwood such as oak or maple will produce less smoke and burn longer. Wood burning stoves should remain smoke-free. If smoke is seen or smelled, there is a problem and the stove needs to be cleaned.
Some tips to find the right wood include:
* Use only seasoned wood that has spent several months drying outside.
* Only open the door to the stove if adding additional wood or stoking the fire.
* Clean the ashes out of the stove regularly.
A wood stove is installed with a rather simple purpose -; to heat a home. Thanks to advances in technology stoves are safer and cleaner than ever before; however, a homeowner still has to take the time to maintain and clean it frequently. By using the tips here and visiting the MagicMountainChimney.com website any homeowner can enjoy the warmth and appeal of a wood burning stove.
Be the first to like.