If, when you look in the mirror, you do not like the contours or thickness of your lips, you may want to consider the alternatives. You could desire to look like the hottest celebrities. Alternatively, it may be that you feel Mother Nature has simply short changed you in the lip department or that your lips seem to be aging mighty quickly. Whatever your reason, it may be that you are looking at lip augmentation. One of the most popular methods of achieving this is through lip injections.
What Are Lip Injections?
There are essentially two major methods used to augment your lips. The methods are referred to as implanting or injecting. Lip injections are, as the name indicates, a technique that requires the injecting of a substance into the lips. The intent is to achieve the right shape and plumpness desired.
Types of Substances Used in Lip Injections
Your surgeon may prefer one of several substances on the market for this procedure. Among those used in lip injections are:
* Artecoll – A synthetic product that does the job but can increase your risk of an allergic reaction. It is, however, long lasting.
* Autologen or Autologous Human Collagen – This is human collagen and is extracted from another part of your body. As a result, unlike for other types of collagen lip injections, you do not have to take an allergy test
* Collagen – to define the border of your lips as well as to plump them up These last between 3 to 4 months
* Hyaluronic Acid Fillers or Hylaform – There are several types available on the market. They can plump up your lips for between 3 and 6 months
* Fascia – This is a specific type of connective tissue. It may be collected from your body or from that of a cadaver.
* Fat – Fat can also be used as a means of obtaining plumper lips. This method has higher risks including weight gain on your lips.
* Fillers – There are fillers that can be employed as permanent lip injections. Since so many are not, it is important you know which ones are applicable and which are not.
Before you decide to get a lip injection, talk to your physician. He or she may be able to recommend both the type of lip injections as well as the right medical professional. As is the case with many medical procedures, it is very important to choose someone who is skilled in this field. The quality of the work depends upon the individual who performs the treatment.
Once you have decided on the medial professional, meet with him or her for a consultation. This will help you decide what type of injection will prove to be the most effective. Whether you opt for collagen or silicone, your surgeon is almost certain to apply a topical anesthesia. Once on your lips, this will prevent you from feeling any discomfort during the procedure.
After the lip injections are given, you can go home. This is, after all, an in-office or outpatient procedure that requires no hospital stay. You are in and out in the same day. This is one of the benefits, beside your luscious looking lips, from undergoing lip injections.
If you feel you could benefit from Lip Injections, come in for a free consultation at the Chicago Cosmetic Institute. Learn about how our talented and skilled staff of professionals can help you reach your goal. To discover more about our services and why so many clients choose us, visit http://www.chicagocosmeticinstitute.com/.
Be the first to like.