Most people consider hiring a lawyer when it comes to buying a property a waste of money and time. This is because most of the transactions are fairly simple and the fact that most of the major legal issues that may exist are handled by the realtors or lenders that have a stake in the property. However, not all property purchases are closed as they were expected to. Disputes may arise in the sale and when this happen it is the right time to look for the most competent legal representative among the many Estate Litigation Attorneys in Chicago IL.
There are many reasons as to why a contract dispute arises over the terms of the sale may arise. Though the dispute could be virtually over anything in the contract, some common reasons are as listed below:
- If the seller failed to perform specified improvements or repairs
- The seller’s failure to vacate by specified date
- If the property is not as the seller had specified to the buyer
- If one of the items, equipment or structure included in the contract is missing
- If the property tax or utilities is not paid as specified in the contract
Hiring a lawyer when you notice the above will help in ensuring that the other party comply with the terms of the contract. The method to use in resolving the disputes will depend on the terms of the contract. Your lawyer will decide whether to pursue litigation or to use alternative dispute resolution like mediation or arbitration.
You can avoid the above problems from occurring by hiring an estate lawyer right from the beginning of a purchase. It is important to that you consult a real estate attorney in complicated matters, such as:
- Where the contract contains terms or conditions you do not understand
- If some of the terms are missing from the contract
- When the property is not clearly defined in the contract
- If the contract contain terms that are unfair or unenforceable
If you inherited from a loved one or bought it yourself and have been told that there is an issue with the title, you can see Estate Litigation Attorneys in Chicago IL. They have been in the business and have enough experience to handle any real estate disputes. You can contact them at Blocher-law.com. You can also visit them on Google+ for more information.
1 person likes this post.