People live for their vacations. Some spend months planning every little detail. For others, it is a last minute affair, deciding closer to the date to book your trip rather than make arrangements that will suit everybody. Whatever your personal choice, you are sure to enjoy a Rocky Mountain National Park vacation.
Why Rocky Mountain Park?
If you love nature, there is really no better place to visit. Year round, Rocky Mountain National Park offers its visitors a variety of pleasurable and exciting moments. Consider the following some of the best reasons for making the Park part of your vacation.
1. Nature: This one word sums up the reason why so many repeatedly visit the Park. They are drawn back to the awesome beauty and wander that only a magic spot that combines everything in one place, spread over 265,769 acres of wilderness, has.
2. Wilderness: While the Park is accessible and features several cultivated areas with amenities, most of it is wilderness inhabited by wildlife and a challenge for hikers, snowshoers, cross country skiers and campers.
3. Flora and Fauna: The Park is home to many diverse species of plants and animals. It boasts 900 species of plants as well as 60 species of mammals and 281 types of birds.
4. Children’s Programs: The park helps children (and adults) learn more about the land, the wildlife, and its history. It makes serious efforts to help educate children in a fun and interesting way by offering various children’s programs.
5. Fun/Adventurous Activities: A Rocky Mountain National Park vacation can be fun for all. It can also be a grand adventure. In and around the Park, you and your family can take part in a number of experiences: fishing, swimming, hiking, boating, snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, mountain scaling – the list goes on. No matter what the season, you can always find something to do.
The Rocky Mountain National Park is truly the “Crown Jewel” of the state of Colorado. It is a place where visitors can deeply breathe in the mountain air and surround themselves with natural beauty. This is the power and beauty of nature on display for everyone to gaze at in absolute wonder.
A Rocky Mountain National Park Vacation: A Family Experience
Nature can be tame. It can be wild. It is always awe-inspiring in Rocky Mountain National Park – from the smallest waterfall to the largest peak. Whether you plan a slow hike along any of the easy trails or aim to climb to the top of Longs Peak, you will soon discover a Rocky Mountain National Park vacation has something for everybody – including a variety of accommodations at nearby Grand Lake.
Be the first to like.