Although the retirement living sector fell into disrepute during the 1990s, it’s important to note that increased regulations, augmented accommodation standards, and unprecedented medical advancements have redefined the late-life care arena during the past decade:
1. Almost nine in every 10 retirement living residents rate their contentment and overall satisfaction as suitable or great.
2. Eight in every 10 residents would endorse their communities and recommend them to others as a fantastic late-life solution.
3. The caregiver-to-resident support ratio has almost doubled since the year 2000 as there are now approximately seven caregivers for each senior over the age of 80.
4. For those who have visited at least two retirement living communities during the decision-making process, 44% state that the facility’s reputation is the most integral selling point while 40% state that location is the key factor.
If you’re ready to begin evaluating retirement living in Westchester County, NY, it’s in your best interests to reach out to a reputable local advisory team that provides late-life consulting free of charge.
Using the Fee-Free Consulting Service
The most renowned consulting organizations, such as Oasis Senior Advisors – Westchester County, are able to facilitate an in-depth placement service without charging you a single penny along the way. During the placement process, your advisor will:
1. Identify your loved one’s medical needs, lifestyle wishes, and locational preferences.
2. Scour the local landscape and demarcate the most appropriate retirement communities.
3. Schedule on-site visits and facility walkthroughs.
4. Facilitate the enrollment paperwork and assist with the move.
How to Prepare for Your Initial Consultation
Before scheduling your initial consultation appointment, you’ll have to gain some introductory knowledge by reading through the organization’s information kit. Simply visit the advisory team’s website and click on the senior resources tab to begin learning about the following concepts:
- Senior housing options
- Elder law
- Moving services for seniors
- Medicaid and Medicare advice
- General wellness and nutrition tips
- Senior transportation and transition services
You can also like them on Facebook for more information.
Be the first to like.