One of the strangest recent food trends is the unusual ice cream flavor craze. All over the country people are creating unusual ice cream flavors, some of which can be pretty hard to imagine. Here are some of the most recent crazy ideas the country’s ice cream shops are dishing out:
* Goat Cheese Beet Swirl – This strange concoction comes from Sweet Action Ice Cream Shop in Denver. The goat cheese gives it a tang and the roasted beets add color and sweetness.
* Pineapple Cilantro Sorbet – Glace Artisan Ice Cream in Kansas created this sorbet that combines pineapple with cilantro. This one is bound to be very refreshing.
* Lobster – You can only get this one at Ben and Bill’s Chocolate Emporium in Bar Harbor Maine. It’s butter ice cream topped with chopped steamed lobster.
* Honey Avocado – Visit Ivanna Cone in Lincoln Nebraska to get this ice cream that pairs avocado with the sweetness of honey. This ice cream is a gorgeous shade of green.
* Horseradish – This spicy ice cream is available at Max and Mina’s in Queens.
* Kimchi and Rice – Portland’s Salt and Straw is home to this strange flavor that pairs kimchi, which is fermented cabbage, with jasmine rice ice cream and chocolate.
* Honeyjack and Coke – This ice cream is infused with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Whiskey and Coca-Cola, turning a favorite cocktail into ice cream. You can get this one at Big Deal Burgers and Custard in Wisconsin.
* Fig and Fresh Brown Turkey – This Thanksgiving inspired treat is available in New York at Il Laboratoria Del Gelato.
* Eskimo Ice Cream – Available only in Juneau, Alaska, this berry-flavored ice cream actually has a base of reindeer or caribou fat.
* Proscuitto – Salty, thinly sliced ham is ground into vanilla ice cream at Humphry Slocombe in San Francisco.
* Garlic – Garlic ice cream is the brainchild of Marianne’s Ice Cream. It can be enjoyed at the Stinking Rose Restaurant in California. It is topped with Caramel Mole Sauce.
Ice cream is truly one of life’s greatest food pleasures, and ranks as the very favorite dessert of many people. It’s hard to imagine, however, how people come up with some of these flavors, and just as hard to imagine that people order enough of these to keep the item on the menu.
What are the strangest flavors offered at your favorite ice cream shop? Are you willing to try strange flavors like these? What’s your favorite weird flavor?
Be the first to like.