For many people having facial scars that are the result of acne, it may seem like very few if any choices are available to help the situation. Some may choose to simply let these flaws exist. Others may seek ways to cover them up with makeup; and still others may try to have them completely removed. There are solutions available for those seeking an answer in the form of acne scar treatment. Hollywood, FL residents have access to both nonsurgical and surgical options to address acne scars.
A range of treatment solutions have been adopted in recent years to address the issue of scars, which would also include acne scars. These include injectable medicines offered through pharmaceutical companies. Fillers are available to help mitigate facial scarring as well. You may also come across injectable proteins and gels that can make a difference.
Besides chemical injections, other acne scar treatment solutions involve micro-dermabrasion, laser skin rejuvenation and chemical peels.
- Micro-dermabrasion – the outer layer of the skin is removed by the use of a small sanding instrument. This is a minimally invasive procedure allows patients to return to work the same day as the treatment.
- Laser skin rejuvenation – the deep layers of the dermis penetrated with a laser that the outer layers of scan which have been damaged.
- Chemical peels – the outer layers of skin are removed through the application of a chemical solution. Recovery time can take a few days depending on how the patient’s skin reacts to the treatment.
For those who have significant scarring or distant figure due to acne scars, there are surgical acne scar treatment solutions available as well, including excision, skin grafts, laser surgery and dermabrasion.
- Excision – this involves the simple removal of the scars
- Skin grafts – skin is removed from a non-scarred area of the body engrafted to the scarred area. This procedure is often performed on burn victims.
- Laser surgery – dad and scarred skin is removed one layer at a time through the application of short laser pulses to the affected area
- Dermabrasion – an abrading tool is applied to the affected region that removes the upper layers of scan and reduces the visual appearance of a scar
These surgical options are quite effective, however, they can be costly. Your health insurance may not necessarily cover these options as well. If these are not feasible and out of your budget, then you can definitely see excellent results from utilizing the nonsurgical acne scar treatment solutions mentioned above
Be the first to like.